Thursday, February 12, 2015

Rest Week Quick Spin

Yesterday was the 4th day of my rest week. I've limited myself to just riding around the yard and up/down  the street. Pretty much just playing around popping wheelies and whatnot. I suck at wheelies by the way! Anyhow yesterday I decided to go for a quick 5 miler on my road bike (Windsor Clockwork 46x18 gearing). As I rode away from the house my legs felt a little heavy. However after a minute or two they seemed to clear out and I felt as though I were flying! Even the hills felt super easy. I never got above low zone 3 and when I made it back to the house I had averaged 29.5 mph over the 5.2 miles according to Strava! Its crazy how big of a difference "proper" training combined with a  healthy diet and lower body weight makes as opposed to just riding hard for training.

My first race of the season is little over 3 weeks away. I honestly have no idea how I'm going to stack up to the competition this year but I am certainly excited to find out!

No comments:

Post a Comment